Pre-Recruiting Checklist & Advice
- Before you can even consider getting recruited, make sure your GPA is priority #1.
- Your grades as a freshman and sophomore will directly impact your ability to get recruited as a junior and senior.
- Talking with your high school coach/college advisor will allow you to make a preliminary list of ten schools to target.
- Make sure to start tracking your velocities, sprint times, batting averages, and other relevant stats to show progression.
- Record some live at-bats, this will allow you to identify flaws and track mechanical progress,
- Talk to your parents and make a budget, honest discussions about money will allow you as a team to make a plan and stick to it.
- Is your goal to get the best education, to play in the MLB, or something else? Understanding your motivations are a vital first step in the recruiting process.
- Talk to a former college athlete and ask them for advice. “What should I know, and what would you have done differently?”
- Get in the gym and work on your strength.
- Investing time and money into getting stronger is the most valuable thing you can do for your baseball career as a young high school player.
Click here for a printable Pre-recruiting Checklist